Bluetooth is such technology as yesteryear. Naming your device, then finding images, audio, videos, etc. then looking for the target device, and then finally being able to send the files (that too at slow speeds) isn’t much appreciated by many. People wanted a change, and they needed it quickly. That’s when Lenovo made use of their ability to develop a file-sharing software/app which would soon become one of the best (and most used) file-sharing apps in history. Yes, it is Lenovo’s SHAREit.
*Last Update On 18 September 2021*
Lenovo launched SHAREit in China in 2012, and since then it has been released in more than 100 countries which include India, Russia, Indonesia, England, etc. The app became an instant success because of the fact that it’s a lot faster (and more reliable) than Bluetooth or NFC. Before people knew the power of Wi-Fi Direct, they were quite satisfied with the speeds the aforementioned technologies provided. But now, whenever it comes to sharing files, SHAREit is the name that comes to most of people’s minds. As per online stats, one out of three people who own an Android smartphone, use SHAREit today. But the question which arises is that, why are people so fancied over SHAREit? Why not any other app like Xender or SuperBeam? Well, the answer is quite simple – It is solely due to the simplicity and portability of SHAREit. SHAREit can be found on most of the operating systems now. Be it Windows, iOS, Android, or even Windows Phone, SHAREit is available (for free). So, download SHAREit today and experience high-speed data transfers on the go.
Features of SHAREit
SHAREit comes loaded with features. Some of the well-known features of the app are-
- It is your one-stop app to share music, photos, videos, and files across different platforms (with SHAREit installed on them).
- So, if you are an Android, iOS, Windows user, you can easily share stuff using SHAREit.
- The app uses Wi-Fi Direct technology to share data, which makes it around 10 times faster than Bluetooth (Bluetooth 4.0 to be precise).
- So, you won’t be getting frustrated with this app since transfers are made blazingly fast.
Another service of SHAREit is CLONEit, which duplicates contacts, messages, videos, etc. from one device to another.
- So, no need to copy each and every content then transfer it to some computer/laptop and then using a USB cable transfer it back to your new device.
- Simply use CLONEit from your target device to your destination device and let it do the rest for you.
The best Bluetooth standard (Bluetooth 4.0) operates at a maximum speed of 25Mbps, whereas SHAREit (using Wi-Fi Direct) operates at a maximum transfer speed of around 250Mbps. So, another big reason to start using SHAREit.
Gone are those days where you connect your device to a terminal and then using that transfer the file to another device using the same terminal. People want everything on the go, so this is it.
SHAREit even has features like WebShare, which allows installation-free file sharing. So devices that do not support SHAREit (like Macs) can also receive files from a SHAREit enabled device.
SHAREit also allows you to connect to PCs that are on the same wireless network. So, no need to search for devices and establishing connections. Just connect SHAREit via the same wireless network and enjoy concealed, secured, and 100% safe transfers using SHAREit.
How to install SHAREit?
- Download the .APK file online.
- Then save it to a secure location on your device.
- Enable Installation from Unknown Sources. To do that, go to Settings > Security Settings. There, enable the aforementioned setting.
- Using a file manager, search for the downloaded .APK file and then install it.
- Either launch it directly from the app tray or create a home-screen shortcut for faster access.